How the Real Estate Business Works:
Most real estate companies charge 6% of the sales price to sell a home. They place the home in the NW Multiple Listing Service, put an ad in the Times, hold an open house, and do all the work involved in the transaction when an offer is received.
In most cases, the seller's cash flow positive property investment agent does not find the buyer. Usually agents working with buyers find the home on the NW Multiple Listing Service and show the home to their clients. If the price is right for one of these buyers, you get an offer. The buyer's agent typically earns half of the 6% commission for his/her efforts. Therefore, unless you find you own buyer expect to pay at least 3%.
You can save thousands of dollars by listing your property in the same NW Multiple Listing Service through Stratford for a flat fee of $500 instead of a listing commission. Instead of 6%, you pay $500 to Stratford MLS at the time of Listing and 3% to a buyer's agent at close.
Full Service for a Flat $500
- Entry in Northwest MLS until sold with unlimited changes
- Internet advertising on over 140 local and national websites
- A professional yard sign and flyer box
- Northwest MLS Contracts & Disclosure Forms
- Optional Electronic MLS lock box for buyer's agent access
- Preliminary Title Report
- Introduction to real estate attorneys, title agents and escrow specialists who have proven to provide the best service availab
- Negotiation of the real estate contract
- Coordination of Time Frames with Buyer's Agent
- Coordination of Transaction with Title & Escrow
- Handling various contract contingencies
We are able to charge such a low fee because we take full advantage of technology. Everything is done by phone, fax and computer. This make us more effecient than other companies, and saves everyone time and money.
Our client's homes have sold in an average of 25 days at 97.26% the asking price.
You retain the right to find your own buyer. If you find your own buyer, you save the 3% buyer's agent commission.